Who We Are
CVETS, Columbia Veterinary Emergency, Trauma, and Specialty, is a privately-owned 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital in Columbia, South Carolina! Our hospital is a 9,000 square foot facility that opened in May of 2018 and is growing rapidly. The facility includes a dedicated ICU, multiple operating rooms, a radiology suite, dedicated facilities for endoscopy, chemotherapy administration and special procedures, ultrasound, a 16 slice CT scanner, and on-site MRI trailer. Our specialties include 24-hour emergency care, surgery, anesthesia, radiology, cardiology, internal medicine, oncology, neurology, ophthalmology, dermatology, and dentistry.
Our Hospital Expansion
In May of 2021, we broke ground on a 17,000 square foot hospital expansion! The new facility will include 5 operating rooms, including a minimally-invasive suite with fluoroscopy, 17 total exam rooms, in-building MRI, physical therapy (underwater treadmill), I-131 treatment, a 35-person conference suite, separate GI and respiratory isolation units, and dedicated suites for oncology, internal medicine, cardiology, dermatology, dentistry, and ophthalmology.
Competitive Benefits and Compensation
Tell us about your goals and we’ll help you accomplish them! Below is a list of benefits that we offer our doctors to help you live your best life.
- Base salary plus a percentage of gross production
- Ownership potential
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Discounted pet care
- Continuing education allowance
- Reimbursement of liability, licenses, and specialty dues
About the Columbia Area
- Prime Location: CVETS is located in Columbia, SC which is South Carolina’s capital city. It was ranked in the “Top 50 Best Places to Live” by US News and World Report for good reason. Columbia is home to many fabulous local restaurants, breweries, museums, and nightlife. Go kayaking on the rapids of the Saluda River, check out local artwork at the world-class Columbia Museum of Art, and try out the craft beer at some of Columbia’s breweries to get the full experience.
- Features of Columbia, SC:
- Affordable Cost of Living
- Trendy Restaurants and Breweries
- Excellent Schools and Universities
- Warm Weather
- Features of Columbia, SC:
- Day Trips for Days: Columbia is only a 1.5 hour drive from the historic city of Charleston, South Carolina. Charleston, referred to as “The Holy City”, is known for its history, world-famous seafood, shopping, and romantic appeal. On the other hand, if you’re thinking about a mountain weekend, Columbia is only a 2.5 hour drive away from Asheville, NC. There, you can check out the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, tour the Biltmore Estate, and enjoy lots of craft beer at Asheville’s famous breweries.
Interested candidates are encouraged to reach out to our Chief Operations Office, Janice Clarke-Godfrey, at 703-635-4925 and email@example.com.