CVETS, Columbia Veterinary Emergency, Trauma, and Specialty, is a rapidly expanding specialty/ER hospital in Columbia, SC that is opening a new urgent care clinic in West Columbia, SC (approximately 20 minutes away). Our goal in opening this new clinic is to help with the growing demand for urgent care treatment of mild cases in the area. Emergency departments are continuing to struggle with critical case volume and our patients experience extremely long wait times when our Critical Care Department is busy. We want to provide our patients with the ability to be seen and treated in a timely fashion.
CVETS opened in May of 2018 and our caseload is growing rapidly. The facility includes a dedicated ICU, multiple operating rooms, a radiology suite, dedicated facilities for endoscopy, chemotherapy administration and special procedures, ultrasound, a 16 slice CT scanner, on-site MRI, and multiple specialty services (24-hour emergency care, surgery, anesthesiology, internal medicine, oncology, neurology, radiology, cardiology, dermatology, ophthalmology, and dentistry).
Hours of operation will not include full overnight care at our Urgent Care clinic. Our technicians will have a set schedule, allowing for work/life balance. Cases that require critical care and overnight hospitalization will be triaged to our specialty hospital in Columbia. Our urgent care facility will be privately-owned, just as our specialty hospital is. Our team will be instrumental in the ongoing development of the location, and we are excited to embark on this new venture for CVETS!
Key Individual Responsibilities:
- Be punctual and have strong dependability with attendance, work ethic, and responsibility.
- Participate in continuing education programs with at least ten (10) credit hours in approved lectures/forums per year.
- Obtain or maintain membership in a professional society.
- Responsible work ethic including working with others, working independently, and prioritizing quality patient care.
- The ability to demonstrate leadership qualities while maintaining harmonious interpersonal relations with the team.
- The ability to provide exceptional client service and patient care.
- The ability to work and interact professionally across departments and with external clients representing CVETS with the highest level of teamwork and solution driven thinking.
- Taking vital signs and obtaining patient medical history
- Performing emergency first aid
- Specimen collection and performing laboratory procedures.
- Administration of medication under direction of veterinarian
- Proactively communicate patient status to on coming shift and frequently with doctors to facilitate the highest level of patient care.
- Education: Completion of a LVT certification program (preferred)
- Certifications: Licensed/Certified Veterinary Technician
Experience: At least one year working as a veterinary technician
Stellar Salary & Benefits
Tell us about your goals and we’ll help you accomplish them! Below is a list of benefits that we offer our LVTs to help you live your best life.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Discounted pet care
- Continuing education allowance
- Reimbursement of liability, licenses, and specialty dues
About West Columbia, South Carolina
- Prime Location: CVETS (our specialty hospital) is located in Columbia, SC which is South Carolina’s capital city. Our Urgent Care is located in West Columbia, SC (approximately 20 minutes away) which is a county just outside of Columbia.
- When it comes to choosing a place to live, you’ve got the best of both worlds. If city life is what you’re looking for, you’ll love living in Columbia. There, you can go kayaking on the rapids of the Saluda River, check out local artwork at the world-class Columbia Museum of Art, try out the craft beer at some of Columbia’s breweries, or attend a Carolina Gamecock football game at Williams Brice Stadium to get the full experience!
- If you’re more interested in relaxing, suburban life, you’ll love Lexington! In the heart of Lexington is Lake Murray. You can enjoy boating, paddle-boarding, kayaking, or just lounging by the water on Lake Murray’s shores. Lexington also has a brand-new amphitheater, which hosts year-round concerts and events for local residents. Did we mention Lexington’s incredibly high-ranking school system as well? Life is great in Lexington!
- Features of Columbia and Lexington, SC:
- Affordable Cost of Living
- Highly ranked schools
- Lake living and activities
- Warm Weather
- Day Trips for Days: Columbia is only a 1.5-hour drive from the historic city of Charleston, South Carolina. Charleston, referred to as “The Holy City”, is known for its history, world-famous seafood, shopping, and romantic appeal. On the other hand, if you’re thinking about a mountain weekend, Columbia is only a 2.5-hour drive away from Asheville, NC. There, you can check out the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, tour the Biltmore Estate, and enjoy lots of craft beer at Asheville’s famous breweries.