CVETS, Columbia Veterinary Emergency, Trauma, and Specialty, is a privately-owned 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital in need of nurses! The hospital is a 9,000-square-foot facility that opened in May of 2018 and is growing rapidly. The facility includes a dedicated ICU, multiple operating rooms, a radiology suite, dedicated facilities for endoscopy, chemotherapy administration and special procedures, ultrasound, a 16-slice CT scanner, and an on-site MRI trailer. Our specialties include 24-hour emergency care, surgery, anesthesia, radiology, cardiology, internal medicine, oncology, neurology, ophthalmology, dermatology, and dentistry.
In May of 2021, we broke ground on a 17,000-square-foot hospital expansion! The new facility will include 5 operating rooms, including a minimally-invasive suite with fluoroscopy, 17 total exam rooms, in-building MRI, physical therapy (underwater treadmill), I-131 treatment, a 35-person conference suite, separate GI and respiratory isolation units, and dedicated suites for oncology, internal medicine, cardiology, dermatology, dentistry, and ophthalmology.
The Perfect Work/Life Balance
Our nurses work set, non-rotating schedules to ensure a healthy work/life balance.
Competitive Benefits and Compensation
Tell us about your goals and we will help you accomplish them. Below is a list of benefits that we offer to help you live your best life.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Discounted pet care
- Continuing education allowance
- Reimbursement of liability, licenses, and specialty dues
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in the veterinary field
About the Columbia Area
- Prime Location: CVETS is located in Columbia, SC which is South Carolina’s capital city. Columbia was ranked in the “Top 50 Best Places to Live” by US News and World Report for good reason. Columbia is home to many fabulous local restaurants, breweries, museums, and nightlife. Go kayaking on the rapids of the Saluda River, check out local artwork at the world-class Columbia Museum of Art, and try out the craft beer at some of Columbia’s breweries to get the full experience.
- Features of Columbia, SC:
- Affordable Cost of Living
- Trendy Restaurants and Breweries
- Excellent Schools and Universities
- Warm Weather
- Features of Columbia, SC:
- Day Trips: Columbia is only a 1.5-hour drive from the historic city of Charleston, South Carolina. Charleston, known as The Holy City, is known for its history, seafood restaurants, shopping, and romantic appeal. If you’re thinking about a mountain weekend, Lexington/West Columbia is only a 2.5-hour drive away from Asheville, NC. There you can check out the beautiful blue ridge mountains, see the Biltmore Estate, and enjoy lots of craft beer at Asheville’s famous breweries.