CVETS, Columbia Veterinary Emergency Trauma & Specialty, is a new specialty/ER hospital in need of experienced technicians. The brand new 9000 square foot facility opened in May of 2018 and is growing rapidly. The facility includes a dedicated ICU, multiple operating rooms, a radiology suite, dedicated facilities for endoscopy, chemotherapy administration and special procedures, ultrasound, a 16 slice CT scan, on site MRI and multiple specialists (24 hour emergency, internal medicine, ophthalmology, surgery and radiology). The hospital is located on the northeast side of Columbia an area that is rapidly growing and was not previously serviced by specialty care. The hospital and its staff have been designed with a culture aimed at exceptional client services and personal job fulfillment.
Our hospital and staff have been designed with a culture aimed at exceptional client services and personal job fulfillment. Come join a team that fosters career growth and work/life balance.
WHO WE ARE
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking Housekeeping professionals who are interested in being on the ground floor of a progressive and rapidly developing Specialty Referral Emergency Hospital. Candidates interested in working in a non-corporate environment that is flexible and motivated to grow a department and hospital are encouraged to apply. We value the positive impact that each team member brings to our culture.
Position Title: Housekeeper
Status: Full time, Benefits Eligible
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience Requirement: 1 year experience
Preferred Licensure: N/A
Supervisor: Lead Housekeeper
As a Housekeeper with CVETS your primary responsibility is to support the hospital, and staff in the attainment of its mission. Each team member must understand and perform the duties of the position and uphold the expectations of the team to support a positive work environment. The culture of teamwork, integrity, positive attitude, and resilience allow each team member to thrive and feel appreciated and valued.
Key Individual Responsibilities:
- Arrive to work ready to begin at least 5 minutes prior to the start of each shift.
- Participate in continuing education programs with at least ten (10) credit hours in approved lectures/forums per year.
- Responsible work ethic including working with others, working independently and prioritizing with leadership quality patient care and focus.
- The ability to lift objects of at least 50lbs.
- The responsibility to yourself to ask questions when unsure before acting to minimize error.
- The ability to demonstrate leadership qualities while maintaining harmonious interpersonal relations with the team.
- Adaptability to the various styles of doctors and other team members to maximize team efforts.
- The ability to provide exceptional client service and patient care.
- The ability to work and interact professionally across departments and with external clients representing CVETS with the highest level of teamwork and solution driven thinking.
- The ability to demonstrate emotional maturity during high stress situations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Assisting the Lead housekeeper in maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of the hospital, including but not limited to:
- Performs routine cleaning of the exam rooms. Performs routine cleaning of the waiting room and lobby areas including area of hospitality.
- Performs routine cleaning of the restrooms and common areas for staff and clients.
- Safely utilize cleaning chemicals and supplies according to specified guidelines.
- Transport trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
- Perform routine sweeping and floor cleaning where appropriate.
- Identify issues and opportunities proactively with resolution focus.
- Support team effort to realize goals.
- Follow all expectations outline in team member handbook and safety guidelines.
- Utilize equipment safely and reports equipment malfunction or defect quickly.
- Is dependable and reliable in work performance and attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.